Sunday, December 10, 2006

I guess it could have been worse...

MORE: my post...

*testing, testing…*

Jeff,

I don’t know why you killed my last comment: maybe because I said “hi!” to a fellow commenter? (I figured it was just a nice thing to do… ) or because I wanted to get his input on my suggestion for NAN (is that forbidden *???*); anyways, would have been nice to know… not lastly so I could get some sort of a clue whether or not I should bother to make any more comments on your blog).

re: ”Craig didn’t kill it. He was merely the first and smartest to see that the internet connects buyers and sellers directly.”

You may well be right, but that’s certainly not Craig’s story. If you are not buying his story (that he was just a do-gooder that sort of stumbled into it) and believe that, on the contrary, he *purposefully* (out of his smarts or whatever) built a market on the internet… that’s good to know…

Delia

P.S. Oh… and I agree with the other commenter that he *is* the middleman (for every ad where he charges a fee) — he’s basically just moved a (for the most part) existing market on the internet (pretty smart thing to do! but if that would have been craigslist’s declared raison d’etre… I don’t think he would have gotten anywhere this far…). D.
(http://www.buzzmachine.com/2006/11/20/the-yahoos-and-yahoo/#comment-205695)
...
... and wondering what does Jeff Jarvis *really* think about Craig's story...

No comments: