Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lessig's cult

MORE (third comment): I see that kind of non-sense as dangerous no matter *where* it pops-up but a particularly bad fit for politics and academia.

Delia

P.S. I lost respect for people like Lessig when I saw what having someone bankroll an "academic based advocacy center" did to academic freedom at Harvard. (I don't think this sort of thing should be allowed at all -- it's completely incompatible with academic principles) Sounds ludicrous to hear *him* talk about corruption of all things... D.

...
Seth(third comment), I meant this for your Lessig post... (the comments box appeared to be missing there)

I think you are wrong on this one and I agree with Jon re: cult-of-personality -- gives me the creeps... (Congress is just as bad a place for something like that as academia... maybe worse...)

Delia

P.S. Lessig missed his true calling (science fiction writer) D.

No comments: